Friday, April 18, 2008

On the way to Linhares

Some of our rigs are near Linhares, a city south from Sao Mateus (you can see it on this map). Every time we go to these rigs, we drive through forests and fazendas; and the view is amazing. Love it. Born and raised in cities, I have very rarely seen this kind of things before. Cattles and horses, cowboys working, farmers milking cows, birds flying in formation, various fruits plantations, well, better stop now, I could go on and on…






cattles and farms




the road goes ever on...




birds and beehive


On the way back, we stopped at the house of Nilson’s (one of our equipment operators) parents. They lived in a small fazenda. It reminds me of the house of Mbah Titi in Lenteng Agung :p It’s just that this one has bigger yard and is located in a village; almost pollution-free! I drank coconut water, had homemade cheese and coffee, and ate bananas there. Just found out that they also have ‘jambu batu’ here, they call it ‘caja’.



Nilson's parents' house



pigs stink! :( and why are their skins not pink like in cartoons?

No comments: