Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sao Mateus, ES

Since about two weeks ago I've been living in a city called Sao Mateus, in the state of Esprito Santo. Even though it's the capital of the state, the city was relatively small. Almost everything here is in walking distance. So far (I hope it will continue to be like this!) I like the base and the people there. I'm now back to the field work, and things are getting interesting. Here everyone is more relaxed, and there's less stress at work.

Based on information from my colleagues, there are two things I should visit while I'm here; first is the beach (called Guriri) and the other is the old and historical part of the city (dated back from the Portuguese era). I do hope I'll have time go there.
Can you find Sao Mateus on the map below? Just to have an idea, it takes about 3 hours by car from Macae to Rio, one hour to fly from Rio to Vitoria, and about 4 hours by car from Vitoria to Sao Mateus.

(thanks to: Google Maps)

No comments: