I remember doing the same thing about four months ago, in August. The same reason, having a course in Colon made me become more familiar with this area. It was summer. And it was different. At that time the sun shone, and the streets are full with people with tank tops and shorts eating ice creams while having their skin tanned. Ice cream stalls with long queues were seen almost everywhere. The benches along the roads were always occupied. I could hardly find a place to sit. Laughter and smiles were so common.
Today, just like before, I stroll along the Alster’s side. It was quite cold and foggy today. Yes, things are different; The Alex coffee shop closed its outdoor section. The ice cream stalls are missing; No more strolling down the road and enjoying the sun; instead everybody walks as fast as possible with cold-longing-for-warmth expressions. And, guess what, not even a single person had the idea of taking a seat on the benches there…. Hehe… no one, except me! :D
I take a look at the trees far on the left… They’re naked… no leaves at all… (I tried to take a picture with my Handy, as shown here… It was a total failure… :( It is blur and you can not even see that the trees are without leaves… hahaha :D) Oh! So bleak and foggy today! And also, so silent… Nevertheless, in some ways, it is so beautiful…Alster is and will always be beautiful… no matter in which season you come and have a visit…
No comments:
Post a Comment